We often say good readers always make connections and we have worked on this reading activity throughout the year.
Some of the questions we ask ourselves are:
- Text to self connections:
- What does this story remind you of?
- Do the characters remind you of yourself?
- Do you remember something about your own life that is like something in this story?
- Text to text connections:
- Does this story remind of you of another story you have read?
- Do the characters remind you of other characters you know?
- How is this story similar/different to stories you have read?
- Text-to-world connections:
- What does this remind you of in the real world?
- What is happening in our world that is similar/different from what is happening in the story?