For Term 1, we focused on the following (in blue).
Big Ideas for Grade 2 and 3:
- Learning is a lifelong enterprise.
- Everything we learn helps us to develop skills.
- Strong communities are the result of being connected to family and community and working together toward common goals.
- Confidence develops through the process of self-discovery.
- Effective collaboration relies on clear, respectful communication.
- Communities include many different roles requiring many different skills.
Curricular Competencies – Students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Identify and appreciate their personal attributes, skills, interests, and accomplishments
- Recognize the importance of positive relationships in their lives
- Share ideas, information, personal feelings, and knowledge with others
- Work respectfully and constructively with others to achieve common goals
- Set and achieve realistic learning goals for themselves
- Demonstrate effective work habits and organizational skills appropriate to their level of development
- Recognize the importance of learning in their lives and future careers
- Identify and appreciate the roles and responsibilities of people in their schools, families, and communities
- Recognize the basic skills required in a variety of jobs in the community