Dear Parents & Students of Division 9,
Hello everyone and welcome to our online learning adventure!!
I am so looking forward to working and learning together. The learning curve for doing this online is steep for all of us, but I think we can do it! It is time to activate our Growth Mindset–it’s not “I Can’t” it’s “I Can’t Yet“!
Just like Maru , we will have to be persistent! Like Ormie , we will have to be flexible! Like Frog , we will have to be optimistic. Like Hunter we will have to be resilient. And, like Murray, we will have to show empathy! We are learners!
There are a few important things about the Lesson Plans I will be posting that you should know:
- I will post a ‘regular’ school day lesson plan the night before–pretty much my usual day book!
- You may do the lessons in any order that works for you–the day plan is only a guide to show you approximately how long each lesson should last.
- A lot of the activities will be routine—many students will be able to do them independently. You can use a timer to help transition from one activity to another.
- It is up to you to decide what activities you can manage with your particular family situation and available materials.
- I will place an * beside the activities I feel are most important to accomplish–about 1 hour/day (as they will lead to other lessons later on).
Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns you have–I will be available during regular school hours of 9:00-10:30, 10:45-12:00, and 1:00-3:00. (If you see a shaded area [e.g. MUSIC & DANCE times] I am not available, but will email you as soon as I can.)
Your questions are important, and I will do my best to find you the answers! Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing the links either in the lesson plans, or on this blog! Once I receive work from the students I will post some of it on the blog, so any photos you send cannot have your child’s face in them (I can’t post those)–feel free to comment on what you see–it’s a great way to stay connected!