Division 6 enjoyed our field trip yesterday, sharing the ice at Burnaby Lake Arena with Divisions 7 and 8. There was lots of fun had on the ice, and we are looking forward to our second trip in a few weeks. Once again, a huge thank you to all the parent volunteer drivers who made it possible!
Numerous studies have demonstrated a correlation between direct parental involvement in a child’s education and their success in school. With this in mind, I will be making regular posts outlining what topics we are currently studying in class, so that parents can have discussions with their child, and help extend their learning at home.
What We’re Learning – February
- Spelling: New words are introduced on Tuesdays, practice exercises take place Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and tests take place on Fridays (or Thursdays if there is no school on the Friday) – Students are expected to study their words every night
- Reading: Silent Reading takes place every morning: your child is responsible for ensuring they have something to read every day; Guided Reading exercises; Reading Comprehension exercises
- Writing: Journals; Reading Comprehension exercises; Grammar and editing exercises; Speeches
- Oral Language: Stories From the Weekend (sharing); reading aloud; class discussions; Speeches
- Measurement (including Time)
- Finished until April
- Energy and Matter
- Visual Art: Colour Theory and painting
- Visual Art: Famous Artists
- Stop Motion Animation
We will be doing something physical every day: Please ensure your child comes to school with appropriate footwear every day
- Gym: Basketball
- Running Club: Tuesdays and Fridays
Health and Career Education:
- Body Image
- Substance Misuse
- Social Emotional Learning – Second Step Program, Unit 1: Empathy
Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies:
- ePortfolios (Computers and iPads)
- Coding: Swift Playgrounds
You can now shop, order, and pay online for all Division 6 Scholastic orders!
Instructions and FAQs can be found here.
If you run into any problems, please drop me a line, and I’ll do my best to help.
Posted on December 14, 2017Numerous studies have demonstrated a correlation between direct parental involvement in a child’s education and their success in school. With this in mind, I will be making regular posts outlining […]
Posted on December 14, 2017You have likely heard a lot recently about “Computer Coding”. It’s everywhere. The Ministry of Education announced last year that they will soon be making it a part of B.C.’s […]
Posted on November 21, 2017Hopefully you saw the “Cards for Jacob” assignment that came home with your child on the weekend. We were inspired by Jacob’s story to send him Christmas cards and join […]