Write for the Westcoast Reader!
Submission opportunity – due by February 26, 2021
Hello class! I am excited to announce that we will be participating in a writing opportunity hosted by WCR.
For the next few weeks, we will be working on our stories.
We will submit our stories as a class by February 26th and to hopefully get selected for April, May, or June’s article.
First, we will brainstorm about our memorable events.
What is a story?
What components are included in a story?
Stories are important. Stories are shared with and passed down to our friends, peers, and families.
Stories are made up of significant events, experiences, places, and/or people.
In class today, we brainstormed a list of important experiences.
- Please complete a list of 7 events/memories that were memorable to communicate the importance of a story.
- (3) important school experiences that you participated in
- (3) important valuable events or family experiences
- (1) class experience you would like to share
Second, we will narrow down our ideas and choose ONE story to write about.
2. We will be using a Power Paragraph writing tool to help us organize. See the link below for the Power Paragraph writing tool document.
Third, we will start a draft.
3. We will write a paragraph of 100-200 words. Please refer to your completed Power Paragraph sheet to complete a draft of your story.
FEBRUARY 25-MARCH 3
Fourth, peer review and edits.
4. We will come together as a class and have a circle read aloud. We will help each other edit and complete a final draft.
Fifth, submit your completed stories to me.