Well Div. 18 we made it!!!
You are all officially entering Gr. 2 and Gr. 3 now, and all our hard work this year, in the classroom and through remote learning is paying off. I want to thank each of the students for their kindness, patience and for being brave as we switched to online school. I am SO proud of you all. I also want to thank all the parents and families that helped their children complete their work throughout this third term, for juggling all the logins, Zooms, art, math and reading projects. You are greatly appreciated!
June 22nd – 24th
- I encourage everyone to sign up for the Burnaby Public Library Summer Reading program. You can do so online through any Burnaby Public Library, using your library card number (if you do not have one, the library can create an account for you easily). Basically, all summer you will record any books you reason a sheet like this:
At the end of the summer you actually get a real medal for reading!!! I did every summer when I was your age through the Burnaby Public Library, and I always had a great time 🙂
More information can be found at : https://www.bpl.bc.ca/kids/kids-events-and-programs/summer-reading-club
- There will be a Gr. 7 leaving assembly on Tuesday June 23rd at 9:30 am. This is to celebrate the Gr. 7’s that will be leaving Taylor Park this year to begin High School. We will be watching this assembly from within the school on Zoom on Tuesday for those of you attending in class instruction. For those at home – join if you can using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEtf-Gupz8vHNYzgviQE4SrSlvRp22U72Oa
- There will be a goodbye assembly on Thursday June 24th at 9:00 am for all students. This is also voluntary, but the administration has planned some ways to say goodbye to all the students this year – join if you can 🙂 Here is the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEtf-Gupz8vHNYzgviQE4SrSlvRp22U72Oa
- This Summer, don’t forget to read as much as you can, whenever you can! Read to a family member, or have them read to you, read by yourself, or even listen to reading online 🙂
- As June ends, our unlimited use of Epic Books unfortunately ends as well. The company has however created a way for families to continue using a scaled back version of Epic Books from home over the summer. Information can be found at https://www.getepic.com/learn/introducing-epic-free/
I will see some of you in school on Tuesday. And I will see some of you when you come to pick up your report cards on Wednesday. I can’t wait to say Goodbye to you in person 🙂
Lastly, give yourselves a huge pat on the back Div. 18. You made it through online school in a global pandemic. You are all superheroes! One day you will be a grown up and look back at this, knowing that you have been a part of history.
Have a wonderful summer, and I will see you all soon.
Lots of love,