We will be celebrating Halloween in our classroom tomorrow! Your child may choose to wear a Halloween costume. Wearing a Halloween costume is optional.
Halloween costume rules:
- No pretend weapons (Fake guns or knives)
- I need to be able to see your child’s face (no face masks or face paint)
- Your child can independently go to the washroom in their Halloween Costume
** A friendly reminder: Because of Covid, we cannot hand out Halloween candy at school. Please do not send your child with Halloween candy for the class**
Finding Patterns Outside!
We are currently learning about Patterns! We are focusing on AB repeating patterns.
For example, ____ What comes next? (Dog!)
We went on a walk around our school looking for patterns and here are some pictures of the patterns that we made!
(Yasmine created an AB pattern)
(Natalie made an AAB Pattern)
(Justin created an ABB Pattern)
(Daiki made an ABB pattern)
(Bella made an AB pattern using sticks and rocks)
(Alessandra made an AAB pattern- leaf, leaf, pinecone)
(Sorry, I was unable to take every students picture)
Literacy Stations Outside
It was a beautiful Fall day outside and the class decided take the classroom outdoors. We are working on learning and writing the letter Aa. Here are some of the activities that we did!
Morley School will be holding a school wide Pumpkin Patch event on Monday, October 26! All students will be able to choose one pumpkin to bring home. We kindly ask for families to bring a reusable bag or a strong plastic bag for the pumpkin with your child’s name on the bag.
Suggestions for the pumpkin:
- Carve the pumpkin
- Paint / Decorate the pumpkin
- Eat the pumpkin
~We will be starting our Neighbourhood/Forest Walks on Tuesday, October 27th (Rain or shine). Please ensure your child has the appropriate gear (rain coats, boots, extra shoes & clothing…etc.) for each day’s weather.
**Reminder: No School on Friday, October 23**
Division 15 welcomes you to our class blog! For now, I will be using the blog to post REMINDERS to families. I would like families to become familiar with the blog just in case we have to switch to online learning.
*TRANSLATION of each post is available by choosing a language from the menu (bar at the top of the page) or (from the drop-down menu in the mobile version).
- Library- a library schedule was sent home a couple of weeks ago. The highlighted dates are Division 15’s library time. We will be having library every second week this year. ( We will have Library on Oct 27) Students need to return their library books the day before our library set time.
- No Candy/ Treats this year: Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 safety protocol, we will not be allowing candy or any treats to be brought to school to share.
- Peanut Aware Classroom : We have a student in our class who is allergic to nuts. We ask families to refrain from bringing any kinds of nuts to this classroom as there is a child with anaphylaxis allergy.
- Halloween Class Celebrations (October 30)Due to restrictions on gatherings this year, we will be celebrating in class rather than our usual whole-school events. Students in my class are welcome to wear their costumes to class for this day. (This is optional). Please wear costumes over clothing or have extra clothing for recess/lunch as students may want to remove their costumes to play outdoors in order to keep them clean. As per the school-wide policy, weapons and masks are not allowed as part of costumes brought to school.
- No School on Oct 23 (Professional Development Day- Pro-D Day)