- The exercise correction is performed on two passes. First the moment the note was played is checked. Notes that are played early are marked with a left arrow () while those played too late are marked with a right arrow ().
- On a second pass the separation between the notes are compared. In this case a plus sign () is used when the time between the notes is too long or with a minus sign () when too short.
- The X () is used to mark notes that where not played.
- Tap the keys when answering, do not leave the keys pressed. Although there may be rests, the exercise does not check for note durations.
- You do not have to use too much force.
- For faster notes, you can press different keys with fingers from both hands.
- Using the spacebar is not recommended.
- Be careful not to press two keys at the same time. The exercise will count them as two notes.