This week was full of learning about important events in our community!
On Tuesday, we were so thrilled to have Vira and her mom, Rucha to come in and share about Diwali with us! Vira presented a powerpoint, we read a story, and then Rucha showed us how to make rangoli in a few different ways! Thank you so much, Vira and Rucha! Wishing everyone who celebrates a wonderful Diwali this Sunday!
We got to spend some time in the garden this week! We noticed it is time to put our garden to bed. We explored what makes up compost and mulch! We also made special bird feeders for the birds who will be staying this winter, instead of migrating! Where did you hang your bird feeder?
We learned more about our three warblers, who have started their migration down to Mexico! We were joined from Alison at Amigos Alados, who showed us what our warblers sound like, what they eat, and then guided us in drawing them!
We finished our first pen pal letters and took them to the mail box to be sent to California, and then Mexico! It was so much fun! We can’t wait to receive ours!
Finally, we spent time reflecting on Remembrance Day. Thank you to Fatima and Kingston, for bringing our beautiful wreath to the assembly. Ms. Holliday told us she was so proud of our quiet, respectful behaviour in the assembly. We hope you have a beautiful Remembrance Day tomorrow and this long weekend.
A few reminders:
- No school on Monday for the Remembrance Day holiday observance
- Home reading book exchanges on Tuesday & Friday – try to read together each day
- A notice for our new routine of “Chunk Spelling” came home this week, as well as an activity menu. Please take some time to review the notice and practice with your child, if you get a chance!
- We have a special bird presentation about birds in our neighbourhood on Wednesday, to prepare for our bird walks!
- Our first community bird walk will be Thursday, Nov. 16th at 1:15-2:15! Please let me know if you can join us!