AP Biology Official Website:
- AP Biology – official website. Includes sample test questions and exam information.
- AP Biology Course and Exam Description – Includes the Curriculum Framework: Big Ideas, Learning Objectives, and Essential Knowledge (specific detail about the expected level of understanding for each topic).
- AP Biology Big Ideas and Enduring Understandings
- AP Biology Course Topics
- AP Labs
- Campbell Biology Essential Knowledge These are the parts of the textbook to study.
- AP Biology Textbook Correlations – The parts of the textbook you need to be familiar with for AP Biology
- Sample syllabus with condensed correlations
- Sample syllabus with condensed chapter correlations
Textbook and Related Resources:
- Textbook: AP Edition – Campbell Biology – online (password required – explained in class)
- Campbell Correlations – Which parts of the text to study for the exam.
- Online textbook:
- Campbell Biology Powerpoints (9th edition) by chapter here or here
- Campbell Biology Notes by chapter
- Campbell Biology Reading Guides by chapter
AP Videos and Animations (highly recommended):
- AP Essentials – Bozeman – Videos, concept maps, and worksheets for AP topics.
- AP Biology Videos – Bozeman – Includes Labs and what to expect on the exam.
- AP Topic Animations by McGraw-Hill
Other Video Resources:
One or more of the following is strongly recommended to purchase or borrow from a library:
- Barron’s AP Biology
- Cliff’s AP Biology
- 5 Steps to a 5 AP Biology
- Kaplan AP Biology
- Barron’s AP Biology Flash Cards
- Pearson Study Guide for Campbell Biology 9th Edition – Taylor
- Pearson Practicing Biology: A Student Workbook for Campbell Biology (Tenth Edition) – Heitz and Giffen
- Others are also available
Some of these will be available for viewing in class.
Mader AP Biology Resources including quizzes, outlines, iPod downloads.
Biology Junction – AP – Includes practice quizzes and review material
Quizlet AP Biology – flash cards, quizzes, etc.