Another week of tasty treats to share. Enjoy!
Kid-Friendly Homemade Mac and Cheese
1 (16 oz) box of elbow macaroni noodles
10 tablespoons (1 stick + 2 TB) butter, divided
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
12 ounces cheese – any kind you prefer – we usually do cheddar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Large pot to boil water
- Saucepan to make sauce
- Large casserole dish for baking
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Cook macaroni noodles and drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 stick (8 TB) butter over medium heat. Stir in flour. Slowly add milk, stirring. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes. Turn off the burner and add the cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until the cheese is melted. Add the elbow macaroni noodles and mix well.
- Turn into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix 2 TB melted, butter, 4 TB bread crumbs, and a dash of pepper. Sprinkle over the mac ‘n cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.