- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Coat the bottom of a roasting pan or thick baking sheet with olive oil, about a teaspoon or so. Spread the seeds out over the roasting pan in a single layer, and toss them a bit to coat them with the oil on the pan.
- Sprinkle the seeds with salt, and pepper if you like.
- Bake on the top rack until the seeds begin to brown, 5-20 minutes, depending on the size of the seeds. Small pumpkin seeds may toast in around 5 minutes or so, large pumpkin seeds may take up to 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the pumpkin seeds so they don’t get over toasted. When lightly browned, remove the pan from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Let the pumpkin seeds cool all the way down before eating.
- Either crack to remove the inner seed (a lot of work and in my opinion, unnecessary) or eat whole.